GRANBY - The Middle Park High School Spirit Squad attended The United Spirit Association (USA) camp in Copper Mountain, June 25-27. There were about 130 other participants from about eight different schools of Colorado and New Mexico. This is the second year the Spirit Squad has attended the USA camp at Copper Mountain, according to Spirit Squad Head Coach Penny Cox, with the first year in June 2011.
The team won several team and individual awards this year. "It was a very successful event," Cox said. "This has been an amazing and talented group. They work well together and have high goals that they continually achieve. Their dedication shows."
The following are Middle Park High School's achieved ratings in order of highest to lowest (superior, excellent, outstanding):
• Spirit Award for the first night, June 25. (This is given to the team/school with the most spirit).
• Rating of excellent for MPHS Home Dance Evaluation
• Rating of high excellent for USA Cheer/Routine Evaluation
• Rating of superior for Game-Action Cheers Evaluation
• Summer Camp Unity Award. (This is an award that is voted on by all the teams at camp as to which team they would want to be on other than their own. It signifies team unity, consideration of all, respect of all, overall spirit, and fun; all contributing to their success as a team).
All American Team is a try-out process where the individual has to be judged in rally, jumps and the USA Cheer. There were 55-60 that tried out of the 120-130 participants at camp, and only eight made the team.
2012 All American Team - Dillon Baer
2011 USA Camp, 2011 All American Team -- Christina Watson
One mascot attended camp from Middle Park High School. Mascots have there own training and are judged individually.
Kamri Strandberg received rating of Superior for USA Dance Routine
Kamri Strandberg received rating of Superior for Game Action Evaluation