Laurie Higgins
Englewood

Back to: News
March 26, 2013
Follow News

Letter to the Editor: Daughter almost dies at SnowBall

To the Editor:

My daughter almost died at the SnowBall Music Festival from a toxic mix of drugs and alcohol. This was not typical behavior and she did not even know what she had taken.

Drugs were being passed around disguised as juice and lollipops. If it wasn't for the professional care and kindness of the paramedics and people at Middle Park Medical Center, I don't know where she would have ended up.

You have heroes among you including Dr. Tong, Nurse Carmen, Officer Miller and Heather Crammond, owner of a coffee shop in Granby who sat with hospitalized kids on her night off. The good people of Winter Park were angels who cleaned up the disastrous effects of a music festival that promotes drugs and decadence.

I hope you will not host this event in the future.

Laurie Higgins

Englewood


Explore Related Articles

The Sky-Hi News Updated Mar 26, 2013 06:56PM Published Mar 26, 2013 06:55PM Copyright 2013 The Sky-Hi News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.