The Granby Elementary School walk-a-thon will be held Oct. 3-4 during school hours. Students will be earning pledges by walking during the two-day event. Local sponsors provide T-shirts to students to show their support of Granby Elementary and the healthy lifestyle. Student Joci Holbrook won the artwork competition and her drawing will be on the front of the T-shirts. Prizes are also given to the student with the most pledge money and the classroom with the most laps walked. All pledge money is provided to Granby Elementary PTA and goes directly back in to the classrooms in funding field trips and providing additional classroom materials. Last year was the first year for the event.
Granby grade-school students walk for health, pledges
Trending in: Announcements
- Photo: Hot Sulphur Springs tree decorating gets help from Mountain Parks Electric
- Grand County community events calendar, Dec. 11-Dec. 17
- Grand County’s Peaks ‘n Pines Quilt Guild hosts show, seeks entries
- Grand Lake Fire hosts Open House
- Voters can hear candidates’ views at forum on Oct. 22