The Granby Elementary School walk-a-thon will be held Oct. 3-4 during school hours. Students will be earning pledges by walking during the two-day event. Local sponsors provide T-shirts to students to show their support of Granby Elementary and the healthy lifestyle. Student Joci Holbrook won the artwork competition and her drawing will be on the front of the T-shirts. Prizes are also given to the student with the most pledge money and the classroom with the most laps walked. All pledge money is provided to Granby Elementary PTA and goes directly back in to the classrooms in funding field trips and providing additional classroom materials. Last year was the first year for the event.
Granby grade-school students walk for health, pledges
Trending in: Announcements
- Kremmling man claims officers, deputies violated his civil rights
- Presentation explores hunting practices of Native Americans
- Winter Park's Seemann repeats as Junior National Aerial champion
- Keystone visitor commits suicide after eating marijuana candies
- Bonds for medical center in Granby spark receivership lawsuit