Local professionals from nonprofits, Grand County school district employees, and law enforcement officials gathered at Snow Mountain Ranch on Monday, Oct. 21, to learn about an innovative approach to reducing incidents of child sexual abuse. YMCA of the Rockies has partnered with the Grand Foundation and Darkness to Light to offer the Stewards of Children training program for community members. Darkness to Light empowers adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to childhood sexual abuse. Stewards of Children is a revolutionary two-hour facilitator-led training that provides increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse and teaches new skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly.“At Snow Mountain Ranch, we take child protection very seriously. Thanks to our partnerships with the Grand Foundation and Darkness to Light, we can mobilize our resources to make a positive impact in Grand County and keep our children safe,” said Trueman Hoffmeister, center director of Snow Mountain Ranch. For more information on the Stewards of Children child sexual abuse prevention program, call 970-887-2152.
YMCA, Grand Foundation partner to prevent child sexual abuse
Trending in: Announcements
- Photo: Hot Sulphur Springs tree decorating gets help from Mountain Parks Electric
- Grand County’s Peaks ‘n Pines Quilt Guild hosts show, seeks entries
- Chamber hosts July mixer at K9 Bliss Swim Therapy
- Fabric Nook offers learn-to-sew classes through Granby Recreation
- Snowmobile Club kicks off season with pancake breakfast