Full closure of US 6 Clear Creek Canyon Nov. 9-10
November 4, 2016
The Colorado Department of Transportation will close US 6 from Highway 93 to Highway 119 on Wednesday, Nov. 9 and Thursday, Nov. 10 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for routine maintenance.
A full closure is necessary to protect the safety of CDOT crews working at night.
As part of this maintenance, crews will be doing a routine bulb change in the US 6 tunnels and clean out shoulders and ditches as needed.
Motorists can take either Golden Gate Canyon to Highway 119, Interstate 70 to Central City Parkway, or I-70 to Golden/US 6 (exit 244).Variable message signs will be set up at both ends of Clear Creek Canyon to alert motorists of the upcoming closure.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- ‘Fear of change’ biggest hurdle for growth, says new chamber director
- Grand Ditch leak causes trail flooding in RMNP
- Building booms: Development back on track for county after years-long lull
- SING THEM BLUES: Blues from the Top Festival returns this weekend to Winter Park
- Memorial Service: Donna Childress