Grand Lake Fire looks to ‘Fill the Boot’
September 2, 2016
The Grand Lake Fire Protection District (GLFPD) will hold their first "Fill the Boot" fundraiser this weekend, from Sept. 2 through Sept. 5.
Friday through Monday, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., members of the Grand Lake Fire Dept. will be at the corner of Grand Avenue and Garfield in Grand Lake with the Muscular Dystrophy Association with boots in hand for the well known "Fill the Boot" fundraising campaign. Proceeds raised over the weekend will go to help kids and adults suffering from muscular dystrophy, ALS and related diseases that weaken muscle strength and mobility.
A press release from the GLFPD states, "for more than six decades, fire fighters have stood on the front lines to fuel MDA's mission to free individuals – and the families who love them – form the harm of muscular dystrophy and other related life-threatening diseases that take away people's ability to walk, move, smile, talk and even breathe."
Funds raised go to multiple different MDS related programs including giving hundreds of children the opportunity to experience a wonderful week at MDA summer camp, at no cost to their families.
If you have questions about the fundraiser contact the GLFPD's Lt. Blake Mertz at 970-627-8428.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water