Kauffman House Museum, free on Saturday
September 22, 2016
The Kauffman House Museum in Grand Lake will offer free admission from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday September 24 as part of Smithsonian magazine's 12th annual Museum Day Live!
On this day only, participating museums across the United States emulate the spirit of the Smithsonian Institution's Washington DC-based facilities, which offer free admission every day, and open their doors for free to those who download a Museum Day Live! ticket.
The Kauffman House Museum is an authentically restored Victorian rustic hotel offering guests of all ages fascinating ways to explore life in a high mountain town at the turn of the 19th Century and beyond. A special exhibit is presently in the adjacent Gallery, and features over 300 dolls of all kinds: "Dolls for Guys and Gals!"
The Museum Day Live! ticket is available for download at Smithsonian.com/museumday. Visitors who present the Museum Day Live! ticket will gain free entrance for two. One ticket per household is permitted.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law