New playground both fun and historical for GC youth
June 12, 2016
The Fraser Valley Rec. hosted a Grand Opening for the new playground located at the Fraser Valley Sports Complex on Thursday, June 9. There was a great turnout from both adults and children, and free food for all who attended. The event also included a short ceremony for the many people that donated money or time. The playground was financed by private donations, fundraising, and several grants including $100,000 from Great Colorado Outdoors. It took a lot of work to get the facility open, and a few projects had to be redone, but the result is a beautiful place for the kids of Grand County to have fun, which they had no problem doing Thursday.
The former playground was 17 years old, and not ADA compliant so the new facility is a huge improvement for the kids in Grand County. The new playground has a theme to it: Grand County history. Each play structure has a placard made by the Grand County Historical Association that explains the historical significance of the places the playground is modeled after.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law
- New Colorado rules on marijuana edibles aim to curb accidental use by kids