Trail Ridge Road not opening on Friday
May 27, 2016
Due to current road and weather conditions and predicted weather forecast,Trail Ridge Road will not open today, Friday, May 27.
"We will continue to evaluate day by day over the weekend," said spokesperson, Kyle Patterson of Rocky Mountain National Park.
This morning, park rangers experienced 20 to 30 mph winds with white out conditions and a high temperature of 24 degrees above 11,000 feet. Road conditions were treacherous with extreme ice, according to the statement released Friday morning by the park.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Building booms: Development back on track for county after years-long lull
- Grand Ditch leak causes trail flooding in RMNP
- ‘Fear of change’ biggest hurdle for growth, says new chamber director
- SING THEM BLUES: Blues from the Top Festival returns this weekend to Winter Park
- Memorial Service: Donna Childress