Trail Ridge Road not opening on Friday
May 27, 2016
Due to current road and weather conditions and predicted weather forecast,Trail Ridge Road will not open today, Friday, May 27.
"We will continue to evaluate day by day over the weekend," said spokesperson, Kyle Patterson of Rocky Mountain National Park.
This morning, park rangers experienced 20 to 30 mph winds with white out conditions and a high temperature of 24 degrees above 11,000 feet. Road conditions were treacherous with extreme ice, according to the statement released Friday morning by the park.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Brian Ward, who died in Highway 9 crash, was commercial pilot, devoted husband
- Missing Aspen couple found dead below Capitol Peak summit
- Dollar General adding location in Granby
- Grand County police blotter: Bear ‘wreaks havoc’ in Fraser; suspicious yellow bag at church
- Kremmling man arrested after shots fired incident