Trout Unlimited volunteers clean up the Fraser
October 24, 2016
On Saturday, October 15, a group of local Trout Unlimited (TU) volunteers showed up at the Lions Pavilion near Safeway with waders, rubber gloves and trash bags. They spent the next few hours scouring the Fraser River from County Road 804 to Rendezvous for trash and litter. They came up with quite a haul including foam mattress toppers, milk crates, plastic chairs, beer cans, insulation, T-posts along with lots of plastic and general litter.
TU targeted this area for cleanup because it's an incredibly popular, high-traffic, wildly visible zone that represents the local riparian environment to more of the public than any other area in the entire county.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Grand County police blotter: Dog bite results in ER trip
- Winter Park Express train remains a hit with Front Range skiers
- Just the Facts: Colorado’s diamond deposit (column)
- YMCA tax payback has East Grand School District eyeing tax hike