Sitzmark construction underway in Winter Park
November 10, 2016
The Sky-Hi News was invited to tour the Sitzmark South property on November 8 with members of the Winter Park Town Council and staff. The project is on track and construction is well underway. The recent fair weather has allowed construction crews to work efficiently through the fall.
Sitzmark South will contain a 19,000 square foot grocery store and 38 attainable housing units. The town anticipates the units will be ready for rental in September of 2017.
The Town of Winter Park's mission is to create a vibrant downtown with diverse retailers, nightlife and a high quality pedestrian environment, and they believe the Sitzmark properties can offer just that.
Phase I of Sitzmark will also include mixed retail (including the grocery store) and a two-story, town-owned parking garage. Phase I is the only Phase of the Sitzmark South Project that has been approved so far. The town hopes to design and approve more phases in the future.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Business
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- Grand County police blotter, Oct. 12 – Oct. 18: Horse falls out of trailer; nobody stops for accident victim
- Discovery Channel’s Gold Rush, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water