The ice is getting very soft in the afternoons, this is a good time for me to put my ice gear away for the season and get my open water gear ready. The rivers are starting to get very high and off-colored. Rapalas, big streamers, egg and worm patterns will work up until the water gets to muddy. Shadow Mountain, the pump canal and the inter-connecting channel are all fishing very well for rainbows with an occasional brown. Shadow Mountain spillway is fishing well for browns, rainbows and an occasional kokanee. Jigs under bobbers, spawn sacs and worms are all producing. Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide in the area for 15-plus years.
Ice fishing season comes to an end
Trending in: Crime
- Berthoud Pass avalanche system delayed until 2015
- High speed chase suspect appears in Court
- Hot Sulphur Springs Hotel where Grand County deputy fatally shot man owned by deputy DA, officer
- Prisoner escapes from Grand County Jail
- Former Grand County Building Dept. employee arrested for embezzlement