It’s a rare occurrence to witness the official opening of a new bridge spanning the Colorado River. On Saturday, Nov. 9, Hot Sulphur Springs and bridge project officials gathered at the foot of the bridge for a ribbon-cutting ceremony, during which Hot Sulphur Springs Mayor Hershal Deputy and general contractor Andy Miller thanked the long list of people who have helped to see the decade-long project to its completion. The bridge connects the town of Hot Sulphur Springs near the ballfields and park to park trails and frisbee golf at Pioneer Park on the other side of the Colorado River. The Sky-Hi News captured the moment in this video.
Video: Colorado River bridge in Hot Sulphur Springs opens officially with ribbon cutting
Trending in: Crime
- UPDATED: Wildfire south of Granby fully contained
- Man who struck family in Grand Lake Fourth of July highway accident sentenced to one year in jail
- Former Grand County Building Dept. employee arrested for embezzlement
- Two men charged with vandalism of BLM facilities
- Court proceedings start for suspect in county embezzlement-case