GRANBY — A “suspicious package of Christmas treats” was dropped off at the Middle Park Medical Center in Granby on Jan. 2, and upon ingesting the “treats,” employees became sick.
A possibility the food was tainted — and employees deliberately drugged — has not yet been ruled out by police, who are awaiting test results of the treats.
“All employees who partook experienced psychedelic effects,” states a 911 dispatch report.
Three employees of the medical center ingested the treats, which resulted in them leaving work after reportedly feeling ill, according to a Jan. 7 press release issued by the Middle Park Medical Center upon Sky-Hi inquiries about the incident.
“The employees have reported feeling better after the incident and have resumed serving patients at the clinic,” the release states. “There was little-to-no effect on patient appointment times or the quality of their care.”
Contacted on Monday, Jan. 6, individual employees of the hospital declined to answer questions about the specifics of the incident.
Granby Police are investigating. The food was sent to a lab to be tested for any contaminants, according to Sgt. Jim Kraker, who declined to share further details, such as the type of food, because of the pending investigation.