Updated: Checks totaling $46,377 found in admin office
May 9, 2016
On May 6 the Grand County Sheriff's Office was contacted by county officials after several checks related to the 2013 Grand County Building Department case involving Brigid Irish were located in a filing cabinet within the Building Department.
An employee of the Building Department had been going through an office file dated from 1997 to scan documents into their internal computer system, when the employee came across 51 checks that had been written to the Building Department in mid to late September 2013. These checks totaled $46,377.
There was no practical reason for these checks to have been contained within this file; however, the located checks had already been referenced during the initial investigation, which began in October 2013.
The recent discovery of these checks has no impact on the now concluded prosecution and sentencing of Brigid Irish. There are no additional suspects.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Charges filed in third trespassing-related case for Cliff Anderson
- Fourth trespassing charges brought against Clifford Anderson
- Anderson charged in second trespassing case
- Clear Creek coroner: Loveland Ski Area ski patrol mishandled dead skier’s body
- Winter Park man charged with criminal trespassing Monday
- How does it work? | Starting an avalanche: CDOT preps Gazex avalanche exploders for coming winter months
- New ski frame allows skiers to wear snowboard boots
- First phase of new Granby park nears finish
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Hot Sulphur Springs residents awake to find brown tap water