Updated: Checks totaling $46,377 found in admin office
May 9, 2016
On May 6 the Grand County Sheriff's Office was contacted by county officials after several checks related to the 2013 Grand County Building Department case involving Brigid Irish were located in a filing cabinet within the Building Department.
An employee of the Building Department had been going through an office file dated from 1997 to scan documents into their internal computer system, when the employee came across 51 checks that had been written to the Building Department in mid to late September 2013. These checks totaled $46,377.
There was no practical reason for these checks to have been contained within this file; however, the located checks had already been referenced during the initial investigation, which began in October 2013.
The recent discovery of these checks has no impact on the now concluded prosecution and sentencing of Brigid Irish. There are no additional suspects.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Crime
- Police ID man who died in crash south of Kremmling; criminal charges follow for driver
- Grand County police blotter: Snoozing outside McDonald’s; doing drugs in bathrooms
- Love is in the (thin) air: The story of the Cozens and Engel families
- UPDATED: Officials ID man who died in rollover Wednesday morning
- Third crash in Grand County this week claims life of man, 27