It’s a rare occurrence to witness the official opening of a new bridge spanning the Colorado River. On Saturday, Nov. 9, Hot Sulphur Springs and bridge project officials gathered at the foot of the bridge for a ribbon-cutting ceremony, during which Hot Sulphur Springs Mayor Hershal Deputy and general contractor Andy Miller thanked the long list of people who have helped to see the decade-long project to its completion. The bridge connects the town of Hot Sulphur Springs near the ballfields and park to park trails and frisbee golf at Pioneer Park on the other side of the Colorado River. The Sky-Hi News captured the moment in this video.
Video: Colorado River bridge in Hot Sulphur Springs opens officially with ribbon cutting
Trending in: Entertainment
- Bulls, Boots and BBQ set for Sept. 6 in Granby
- Grand County Community Events Calendar, July 16 - 22
- Beethoven comes alive with string quartet performance in Tabernash
- Grand Lake's Roadhouse Grill under new ownership
- Former Denver Bronco star to open a restaurant in Grand Junction