September 20, 2016
Shelley Madsen, K-5 art teacher at Fraser Valley Elementary, and her students unveiled their mosaic at the Old School House Park in Fraser on September 19. The Sky-Hi News and many proud parents were in attendance. The artists showed their pride in their work as they explained, and sometimes tried to remember what they contributed to the project. The project was a collaboration of a lot of hard work from many students and took several months to complete.
The art project had several participant/spokespeople in attendance to handle any questions from media sources. Maggie McNeil said she enjoyed how everyone in the class worked together. She pointed out that no one was fighting during the project and this resulted in a masterpiece.
Mazie Bee Giberson told the Sky-Hi News that the project was fun, a nice experience, and it inspired students to create their own works of art. Annalyn Harris helped contribute animals, plants, fish and flowers to the mosaic. Denny Turk reported that the whole class worked cooperatively to make a display that turned out to be one of the best things he has ever seen. Eliot and Elana Holden contributed butterflies and the Fraser Valley sun that shines brightly on the mosaic. Vallie Mace really helped bring out the Grand County feel in the project by adding a moose, and Lulu Turk contributed a big flower.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Police ID man who died in crash south of Kremmling; criminal charges follow for driver
- Grand County police blotter: Snoozing outside McDonald’s; doing drugs in bathrooms
- Love is in the (thin) air: The story of the Cozens and Engel families
- UPDATED: Officials ID man who died in rollover Wednesday morning
- Third crash in Grand County this week claims life of man, 27