John Statz to perform on Oct. 22
October 13, 2016
Fraser Valley Folk Concerts is featuring Colorado singer/songwriter John Statz on Saturday, October 22.
He will play at Historic Church in Fraser Doors open at 6:30
John Statz writes story songs steeped in history and geography, subjects absorbed from years of DIY touring, playing shows throughout North America and Europe, including such far-flung outposts as Akureyri (Iceland), Skagway (Alaska), Sarajevo (Bosnia), and the decidedly metropolitan yet unorthodox touring location of Mexico City. The former Wisconsinite who now lives in Colorado fell in with fellow Midwesterner Jeffrey Foucault, a critically acclaimed songwriter and veteran of the americana circuit. A fan of Statz's last album (2012's Old Fashioned, produced by Bo Ramsey) Foucault offered to produce his next record while the two were on tour together in Colorado. The resulting Tulsa is a blend of folk-rock and americana with echoes of Bob Dylan and Tom Petty.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Entertainment
- Local ladies open two new shops in downtown Granby
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- Travel 700 mph through the Rocky Mountains? It’s now a possibility with Hyperloop One
- Man high on LSD allegedly assaults Rocky Mountain National Park ranger