Megan Burtt performs in Winter Park
Ryan Summerlin July 31, 2014
About Megan Burtt
• Winner Southwest Region 2011 Mountain Newsong Competition
• Winner 2011 Kerrville Newfolk Competition
• Winner May 2011 Ourstage.com Fan-Voted Best Female Singer/Songwriter
• Winner 2010 Rocky Mtn. Folk Festival
• Finalist 2011 Great American Song Contest
• Honorable Mention 2009 Rocky Mtn. Folk Festival
• Finalist 2008 Telluride Bluegrass Troubador Competition
WINTER PARK — Megan Burtt is what you’d expect to hear if John Mayer and Bonnie Raitt had a child in the south during the ’60s and ’70s. This Denver-based songstress has crossed the oceans studying human emotion and transforming her research into song.
She will be performing Friday, Aug. 1 from 6-8 p.m. at Cooper Creek Square’s Music on The Mall.
In 2013 Burtt recorded her third full-length album called “The Bargain” (to be released early 2015) inspired from a life-changing trip to Mississippi in 2007, and the years to follow.
These days you can find Megan with three nationally recognized songwriting contest wins under her belt, and most often performing with her band in Colorado, or on a tour with fellow troubadours.
Music On The Mall is a summer concert series held every Friday through Aug. 29 from 6-8 p.m. at Cooper Creek Square in downtown Winter Park. The series is free and open to all ages.
For more information visit www.coopercreeksquare.com or call 970-726-8891.