Scary Story contest, stories due Oct. 15
October 4, 2016
The Grand County Library District announced its 29th Annual Scary Story Contest for elementary students. This is an activity designed to help children develop literacy skills and channel creative imaginations.
Stories must be 100 to 500 words in length. Entry forms are available at your local library. (Younger students are encouraged to obtain parental assistance.)
Stories are due by Saturday, October 15.
Every writer who submits a story will receive a creepy prize and is invited to attend a free Halloween party (costumes are optional). Awards and exciting prizes will be given to talented authors.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Winter Park man survives life-threatening heart condition
- Grand County police blotter: Burned food at Granby senior center draws fire fighters
- Federal environmental study could bring big changes to Three Lakes System
- Do we really need another watershed group in Grand County?
- Fraser River restoration project will get underway this summer