Tony Trahan and the BlueKrewe in WP
July 14, 2016
Tony Trahan and the BlueKrewe play a mix of Swampy Louisiana Roots Music straight from the Bayous of South Louisiana at Cooper Creek Square for Music on the Square, starting at 6 p.m., Friday, July 15.
Like a good Cajun Gumbo they like to add some different seasonings to the pot, so, while cooking they will add a pinch of Zesty Zydeco, some Cajun Injections, some Swampy Bayou Blues, a bit of Mardi Gras flavoring and a heaping helping of New Orleans Funk. All this is served up as a side dish, the main course is their Originals, a mix of swamp rockin' Blues and funky instrumentals.
BlueKrewe founded by Tony Trahan who landed on the Colorado music scene in 1995 after relocating from South Louisiana. Shortly after moving here he formed The Blue Advisory Band, mixing Rockin' Blues, Classic Rock and some Louisiana favorites. In 2005 Tony renamed the band BlueKrewe. Over the years BlueKrewe has toured with and opened for Sonny Landreth, Marcia Ball, Karl Densons "Tiny Universe", the late Zydeco Legend Roy Carrier, Dikki Du, and Dwight "Black Cat" Carrier, Anders Osborne, Joan Jett, Foghat, Steppin Wolf and others.
They will play until 8 p.m around the courtyard fountain and under the lights.
Trending In: Entertainment
- Grand County coroner releases cause of death for Winter Park Resort skier
- Grand County police blotter: Dog bite results in ER trip
- Winter Park Express train remains a hit with Front Range skiers
- Grand County news briefs: Sulphur Trails project plans released by Forest Service
- Just the Facts: Colorado’s diamond deposit (column)