Letter to the Editor: Daughter almost dies at SnowBall
March 26, 2013
To the Editor:
My daughter almost died at the SnowBall Music Festival from a toxic mix of drugs and alcohol. This was not typical behavior and she did not even know what she had taken.
Drugs were being passed around disguised as juice and lollipops. If it wasn’t for the professional care and kindness of the paramedics and people at Middle Park Medical Center, I don’t know where she would have ended up.
You have heroes among you including Dr. Tong, Nurse Carmen, Officer Miller and Heather Crammond, owner of a coffee shop in Granby who sat with hospitalized kids on her night off. The good people of Winter Park were angels who cleaned up the disastrous effects of a music festival that promotes drugs and decadence.
I hope you will not host this event in the future.