Obituary: Joseph Recktenwald
November 7, 2016
Joseph J Recktenwald Sr., 92, passed into eternal life on October 23, 2016. Joe was a WWII Veteran, serving in four branches of the Military. He was preceded in death by his wife Mildred and his son Joe. He is survived by seven children, 19 grandchildren, 33 great-grandchildren,and three great-grea-tgrandchildren.
He was a resident of Grand Lake for over 36 years. Joe will be remembered for his many accomplishments and his heart of gold. He made friends with everyone he came in contact with. He loved the Lord, his family and his country. Joe also loved the mountain life in Grand Lake and the many people he called friends. He was on the Grand Lake Fire Dept. and Grand County Sheriff"s Patrol for many years. For 32 years he dedicated his service to the Rotary Club of Grand Lake and was a parishioner at St Anne Catholic Church. He was laid to rest at Ft. Logan National Cemetery in Denver. You will be missed by many Papa Joe.
Trending In: Obituaries
- East Grand considers school resource officer
- Granby’s Alternate Sources mechanic shop focuses on preventative maintenance
- News briefs: Colorado Headwates Land Trust welcomes new executive director
- Grand County news briefs: New aerial adventure park to open in Fraser
- East Grand Cubs take top spots at junior high track meet