As many as 19 swimmers took to the Grand Lake waters on Saturday, Aug. 17, in a long-distance race that benefitted Grand County Hospice Care. Diehard swimmers started at Point Park on one shore and swam to the town’s kayak dock at the town’s beachfront. Sioux Kuglitsch of Tabernash took first place, followed by Cindy Hajost of Great Falls, Va., second, and Dee Bartlett of Tabernash, third. The youngest racer was 13-year-old Tieler Yohn, who was sponsored by Excel Energy.
Tabernash woman wins long-distance Grand Lake swim race
Trending in: Opinion
- Valerie Jarrett: The woman who stays for dinner
- Letter: Liberal ‘plan’ baffling
- Lawsuits, ignorance threaten Obamacare
- Letter: How about some constructive conservative ideas?
- Letter: Cartoon lacked humor, doesn’t apply here