As many as 19 swimmers took to the Grand Lake waters on Saturday, Aug. 17, in a long-distance race that benefitted Grand County Hospice Care. Diehard swimmers started at Point Park on one shore and swam to the town’s kayak dock at the town’s beachfront. Sioux Kuglitsch of Tabernash took first place, followed by Cindy Hajost of Great Falls, Va., second, and Dee Bartlett of Tabernash, third. The youngest racer was 13-year-old Tieler Yohn, who was sponsored by Excel Energy.
Tabernash woman wins long-distance Grand Lake swim race
Trending in: Opinion
- Letter: Supposed boycott on Juniper Library is misguided
- Letter: Lake Granby hasn’t been getting its fair share of stocked fish
- Russia’s unintended Ukrainian fallout
- My View: Who speaks for the poor?
- Election 2016: saints, sinners and savables