The Peak swim hosts home meet
October 20, 2016
The Peak swim team will have their first meet of the fall season on Saturday, October 22 at the Fraser Valley Rec Center. Warm-ups begin at 7 a.m. and the meet begins at 8 a.m. the event is free for spectators and still seeking volunteers. Volunteers do not need to have extensive knowledge of competitive swimming to participate.
The Peak ended their summer season in August and Head Coach Tim Stabbe said the tema competed better than they had anticipated. The Peak switched to a league called CARA Swim that includes Front-Range teams. Stabbe said they expected a big learning curve, but the team adjusted to the tougher competition well. Stabbe said despite the new teams and new venues, everyone on the team had a blast.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports-Outdoors
- Letter to the editor: Misleading speech stokes fire of hate at Constitution Week
- Early morning high speed pursuit ends with wreck and arrest
- WP ‘ready, willing’ to expand transit
- Grand County police blotter, Sept. 14- Sept. 18: Car-size puddle of fuel; Picking up dandelions
- Letter to the editor: Constitution Week and Sharia law