The rivers are opening up and fishing with small nymphs, eggs and worms are fantastic. Gulp minnows dead drifted on jig heads and crank baits will work on the nicer afternoons, visibility will be the key. The pump canal, interconnecting channel and Shadow Mountain spillway are all fishing very well for Rainbows and Browns. jigs, spawn sacs and small crank baits like a No. 5 Flicker shad are working excellent. The lake trout in Granby and Williams Fork are biting well on small jigs (tubes, fuzzy grubs and Berkeley Gulp minnows and shrimp patterns).
Small nymphs work well on rivers opening up
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Photo: Summer’s Last Stand
- Park entrance fees waived Sept. 27 in honor of National Public Lands Day
- Middle Park Homecoming kicks off Sept. 29
- Jackie Wright: Partner up for fitness
- Grand County’s favorite fall trails beckon bikers