The ice is off our “lower” elevation lakes and fishing is excellent. This report covers Granby, Grand lake, Shadow Mountain, Wolford, Willow Creek, Williams Fork and Green Mountain reservoirs. Rainbows are close to the shore and hitting worms, power bait and numerous spoons and spinners. Browns are eating crank baits early and jigs tipped with 3” Gulp minnows once the sun comes up. Lake trout are eating cranbaits, swim baits and a large assortment of jigs. Please handle these larger fish with care, some can be over 40 years old and could use our protection. The rivers are running high but on cooler days have been very fishable. Large nymphs drifter near under cut banks have been working for some larger fish.
Fishing with Bernie: Handle large fish with much care
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Jackie Wright: Heart rate monitors — a great tracking tool
- Panthers host cross country meet Sept. 20 near Granby
- Upcoming high school sports
- Get out and enjoy another splendid Grand County fall
- Fall a great time for mountain biking around Winter Park