As many as 19 swimmers took to the Grand Lake waters on Saturday, Aug. 17, in a long-distance race that benefitted Grand County Hospice Care. Diehard swimmers started at Point Park on one shore and swam to the town’s kayak dock at the town’s beachfront. Sioux Kuglitsch of Tabernash took first place, followed by Cindy Hajost of Great Falls, Va., second, and Dee Bartlett of Tabernash, third. The youngest racer was 13-year-old Tieler Yohn, who was sponsored by Excel Energy.
Tabernash woman wins long-distance Grand Lake swim race
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Jackie Wright: Movement tempo during strength training
- You can thank local agencies for Grand County’s great trails
- Photo: Practicing for the Colorado Freeride Festival in Winter Park
- Grand Mountain Bank sponsors annual food bank benefit
- IMBA trail crew coming to Winter Park