Grand County Search and Rescue responded to two missions on Friday, Sept. 20, with a 49 year-old hunter injuring a knee on Caribou Trail near Tabernash and a 75 year-old woman becoming lost near Monarch Lake. The hunter was located about eight miles from the trailhead. After splinting the man’s leg, the response team was able to walk him to ATVs, then transported him out. All responders were out of the field around 10 p.m. Many of the Search and Rescue Members were still attending to the injured hunter when the call for the second mission went out. The woman was found on the south side of Monarch Lake at the bottom of a steep scree area where she had sat on a boulder after she felt she could go no further. The woman was wet up to her thighs from travelling through a swampy area, though refused medical attention.
Grand County Search and Rescue retrieves injured hunter, lost 75-year-old
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Jackie Wright: Heart rate monitors — a great tracking tool
- Upcoming high school sports
- Fall a great time for mountain biking around Winter Park
- Get out and enjoy another splendid Grand County fall
- Upcoming Grand County high school sports, May 7-10