Snow Mountain Ranch announces its First Annual Pond Hockey League. The YMCA hopes to bring Grand County residents together in this thrilling team sport. All games will be held at the ice skating pavilion. Participants can either form their own teams or Snow Mountain Ranch will place individuals in open spots. All games will be three-on-three with teams limited to five players. The minimum equipment needed is a helmet, hockey gloves, skates and a stick. There is a C league playing Tuesday nights starting Dec. 3 and the most competitive B league plays Wednesday nights starting Dec. 4. Games will be held from 6 - 9:30 p.m. Cost is $50 per person, which includes eight games plus playoffs. Throughout the winter season, the league will participate in theme nights including Santa Night, Throwback Night, and Denim and Camouflage night. The YMCA at Snow Mountain Ranch is hoping to offer a great time for locals, coworkers, friends and families to get out on the ice and play with others who love the game. To sign up call (970) 887-2152 x 4131.
YMCA forms pond hockey league
Trending in: Sports & Outdoors
- Fraser Valley trail improvements gather steam
- Jackie Wright: Ten essentials of an indoor group cycling class
- High altitude half marathon benefits the Shining Stars Foundation
- Photo: Epic Singletrack Hill Climb at Winter Park Resort
- Check out fun trail features near Winter Park