As many as 19 swimmers took to the Grand Lake waters on Saturday, Aug. 17, in a long-distance race that benefitted Grand County Hospice Care. Diehard swimmers started at Point Park on one shore and swam to the town’s kayak dock at the town’s beachfront. Sioux Kuglitsch of Tabernash took first place, followed by Cindy Hajost of Great Falls, Va., second, and Dee Bartlett of Tabernash, third. The youngest racer was 13-year-old Tieler Yohn, who was sponsored by Excel Energy.
Tabernash woman wins long-distance Grand Lake swim race
Trending in: Ticker
- Town candidates answer Sky-Hi questionnaires
- Grand County Real Estate Transactions
- Winter Park drug bust turns up meth, cocaine, LSD, ecstasy
- Colo. Supreme Court Justices hear cases at Middle Park High School
- Big Meadows Fire slideshow