Up the ladder | SkyHiDailyNews.com

Back to: News

Up the ladder

A small unattended cooking fire in a unit at MeadowRidge Condos in Fraser was quickly brought under control by firefighters from the East Grand Fire Protection District Monday evening. Grand County Dispatch received a call about a possible fire alarm shortly after 6:30 p.m. Monday night. When firefighters arrived on scene they found the unit in question filled with smoke and initially believed there was a structure fire. Further investigation revealed the fire was the result of food left in a pan on a stovetop that was left operational. Firefighters were able to quickly douse the small blaze and began working to ventilate the unit.

A small unattended cooking fire in a unit at MeadowRidge Condos in Fraser was quickly brought under control by firefighters from the East Grand Fire Protection District Monday evening. Grand County Dispatch received a call about a possible fire alarm shortly after 6:30 p.m. Monday night. When firefighters arrived on scene they found the unit in question filled with smoke and initially believed there was a structure fire. Further investigation revealed the fire was the result of food left in a pan on a stovetop that was left operational. Firefighters were able to quickly douse the small blaze and began working to ventilate the unit.