What’s going on at East Grand School District
October 18, 2016
• On Wednesday October 19, both Middle School and High School Choirs will be performing at 6:30 p.m. The performance will be held at East Grand Middle School.
• Both Fraser Valley Elementary and Granby Elementary have Parent-Teacher Conferences scheduled for Oct. 19 and 20.
• A big "Thank You!" to the local businesses who participated in the homecoming window decorating contest. The town looked great and continues to show support for our Middle Park Panthers.
• MPHS Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for the evenings of October 26 and 27. There will also be information about scholarships available that night.
• Ben Polonowski, Advanced Placement (AP) coordinator at MPHS, will be doing an AP presentation for parents during Parent Teacher conferences. The presentation will be held at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 26 and 27 and should last about 20 minutes. This is a great chance for parents to learn about the AP program at Middle Park, as well as ask any questions.
• East Grand Middle School eighth-graders are using the "Blue Books" to learn about elections and the issues and decisions facing our voters.
• Fraser Valley Elementary is having a "Book Character Pumpkin Decorating Contest". Pumpkins will be judged next week.
MPHS Transition students are out in the community learning how to ride the Lift bus in Fraser/Winter Park. A couple of times a month students have the chance to get used to riding the bus, learning the routes, and learning how to get around the community independently.
• Thirteen teachers at Granby Elementary School are participating in the third year of the SUMMIT Math grant. SUMMIT (Supporting Understanding through Meaningful Mathematical Instructional Tasks) is professional development designed to increase the mathematics content knowledge of K-12 teachers and support them in implementing teaching strategies involving high cognitive demand tasks to improve math achievement for all students.
• The Grand Lake Rotary Club has donated $500 to the high school music department to help offset travel expenses. Thank you Grand Lake Rotarians.
• Middle Park High School received an $1,150 grant from the East Grand Education Foundation to purchase an innovative reading curriculum for students with disabilities.
• Many of our Transitional students are gaining job skills in the community with the help of local employers including the YMCA, Murdoch's and City Market.
• Grand Mountain Bank has donated $100 to Granby Pre School through the bank's "Lend a Hand" Program. This money will be used to help put in playground equipment that is more "natural."
• MPHS Volleyball team has gone UNDEFEATED in the Frontier League this year. Last Thursday they beat an undefeated Bennett team to give them the regular season league title. This week they will host the league tournament with games on Thursday at 4 p.m. and Saturday at either 2 or 3 p.m. Come out and support our league champion volleyball team. GO PANTHERS!