Election 2016: Grand County seeing 63 percent returns as of Monday
November 8, 2016
Sara Rosene, Grand County Clerk and Recorder reported at the Board of County Commissioners meeting Monday afternoon that they have received 63 percent of the election ballots so far.
The election judges started counting ballots on Saturday; about 5,100, Rosene said. Over 10,000 ballots were mailed out. Rosene also stated that she has received over 50 percent of the ballots from overseas and military voters.
“I’m pushing for 75 percent return,” she said.
The first results of the election will be released just before 8 p.m. on Tuesday.
“We cannot report until 7 p.m.,” she said.
The election judges will announce again at 9 p.m. and then continue throughout the night.
Kristen Manguso, Grand County Commissioner representing District 3 said in the meeting that she was told that some people haven’t voted in 30 years but came out to vote this year.
The Sky-Hi News will be reporting live election result. Check back throughout the day.
Trending In: Priority
- Polis selected to Vice Chair for the Steering and Policy Committee
- Update on manhunt in Winter Park
- Coalition embarks on Blue River efficiency project
- Keystone, Breckenridge ski resorts postpone opening days indefinitely
- Thompson Divide battle certain to rage on, one energy company plans to seek damages