Fraser man found dead while camping
October 26, 2016
A man was found dead on Oct. 25 at a camp site on Vasquez Road in Winter Park.
Mark Albrecht, 55, was reported deceased near his tent where he was camping for a few days with a friend; he lived in Fraser, according to Chief Glen Trainor of the Fraser/Winter Park Police.
The Grand County Coroner's Office believes he died from a combination of alcohol intoxication and exposure on Oct. 25.
There was no trauma to the body so an autopsy will not be performed.
Albrecht has lived in the Fraser Valley for several years and was well known, said Trainor.
"He struggled with alcoholism but was a really great guy."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Priority
- Building booms: Development back on track for county after years-long lull
- Grand Ditch leak causes trail flooding in RMNP
- ‘Fear of change’ biggest hurdle for growth, says new chamber director
- SING THEM BLUES: Blues from the Top Festival returns this weekend to Winter Park
- Memorial Service: Donna Childress