Tabernash home on fire early Friday morning
October 28, 2016
East Grand Fire and Grand Fire responded automatic aid to a structure fire in the Winter Park Highlands subdivision in Tabernash at approximately 2:30 a.m., Friday, October 28. The fire departments responded with four engines, five tenders and three command vehicles. The home is located in the EGFPD.
Over 25 firefighters from both districts doused the fire with approximately 22,000 gallons of water using a tender shuttle from a hydrant located on County Road 5221. The Grand County Sheriff’s Office and Fraser/Winter Park Police provided support and Grand County EMS provided rehydration and medical evaluation for the crews.
Mountain Parks Electric safely controlled power to the structure.
The cause of the blaze is currently under investigation. A fire investigator from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation will be arriving from Denver this morning to assist local agencies.
The homeowners were not home at the time; this is their second home.
Trending In: Priority
- Polis selected to Vice Chair for the Steering and Policy Committee
- Update on manhunt in Winter Park
- Coalition embarks on Blue River efficiency project
- Keystone, Breckenridge ski resorts postpone opening days indefinitely
- Thompson Divide battle certain to rage on, one energy company plans to seek damages