Updated: Five YMCA staff members transported to MPMC for unusual symptoms
September 9, 2016
Five YMCA staff members were transported to Middle Park Medical Center on Friday afternoon after exhibiting unusual symptom.
A possible chemical issue in a building on the property is being investigated by the Sheriff’s Office.
A coordinated statement was issued from Grand Fire PIO Schelly Olson and the YMCA:
Grand Fire, East Grand Fire and Grand County EMS responded to the YMCA at 11:15 a.m., September 9 on report of multiple staff members who exhibited unusual symptom.
Grand Fire and East Grand Fire, Grand County Sheriff's Office and Grand County EMS are on scene and an investigation is underway.
There is no risk or threat to the public.
All buildings at the YMCA are safe. And normal operations have resumed."
This story will be updated as more information is released.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Priority
- Building booms: Development back on track for county after years-long lull
- Grand Ditch leak causes trail flooding in RMNP
- ‘Fear of change’ biggest hurdle for growth, says new chamber director
- SING THEM BLUES: Blues from the Top Festival returns this weekend to Winter Park
- Memorial Service: Donna Childress