USFS begins burning season in Grand County
November 5, 2016
The Sulphur Ranger District of the Arapaho National Forest will begin burning slash piles in Grand County which will start now and continue into the spring, according to a press release from the USFS. Note that burning will only occur under favorable weather conditions.
Areas on the Sulphur Ranger District with hand and machine piles ready for burning are:
· The Arrow Fuels Project located near the east/southeast side of the Town of Winter Park, the north/northeast of Winter Park Resort, and Lakota Subdivision. (2,700 hand piles and 90 machine piles)
· The Winter Park Fuels/Upper Fraser Project located south and west of Winter Park and southwest of Fraser. (6,000 hand piles and 162 machine piles)
· The Blue Ridge Fuel Break Project is 2 miles west of Ninemile Mtn. and 3.25 miles west of Sheep Mtn. (7500 hand piles)
· The Jericho Road Fuels Project is northwest of Kamloop cove of Lake Granby or Granby Dam. (700 hand piles)
· The Trail Creek Fuels South Project is south of Rainbow Bay of Lake Granby. (450 hand piles)
· The Trail Creek Fuels North Project is 2.5 miles northwest of Fish Bay of Granby Lake. (5,200 hand piles)
· ANRA/ Supply Creek Fuels/ Kawuneeche Road South Project is 1.5 miles west of Trail Ridge Marina of Shadow Mtn. Lake. (60 machine piles and 3,000 hand piles)
· ANRA/ Supply of Creek Fuels/ Kawuneeche Road North Project is 1.5 miles northwest of Columbine Lake near the Supply Creek Trailhead area. (45 machine piles and 1,000 hand piles)
· The Willow Creek Fuels East Project is 0.25 miles east of Highway 125 near Forest Road 121 and Kauffman Creek area. (2,300 hand piles)
· The Willow Creek Fuels West Project is 1 mile west of Little King Reservoir. (200 hand piles)
· The Pass Creek Project is east of Highway 125 and West of Gravel and Little Gavel Mountains, along Forest Service roads 121,123, and 190. (308 machine piles)
USFS officials warn that prescribed fire smoke may affect your health.
For more information go to https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/wood-smoke-and-health.
To receive updates about burning email email@example.com.
Trending In: Priority
- East Grand considers school resource officer
- Granby’s Alternate Sources mechanic shop focuses on preventative maintenance
- News briefs: Colorado Headwates Land Trust welcomes new executive director
- Grand County news briefs: New aerial adventure park to open in Fraser
- East Grand Cubs take top spots at junior high track meet